What is happening to me? It's been a few weeks since I hardly slept (neither much nor well). As a result, now I not only have to deal with the wrinkles on my face, but also some very ugly dark circles have appeared around my eyes. But how do I get rid of them?
Dark circles are a visible sign of when blood vessels dilate and darken . In addition, since the skin around the eyes is 5 times thinner than that of the rest of the body (since it does not have fatty tissue), it must be taken into account that the signs are much more visible. This happens because of the lack of oxygenation and hydration in the area.
However, this deficiency can be due to many other causes. Also, our dark circles can look different depending on the reason . For this reason, their color may be indicating the cause for which they appear to us and we should pay attention to them:
What color are your dark circles?
- Brown dark circles: this type of dark circles may be due to wear and tear on the skin . In this case, the blood vessels acquire a darker color due to the passing of the years. To solve the problem, apply concealers or makeup bases with collagen (since over time our dermis loses much of the elastin and collagen it had.
- Purple dark circles: its main cause is genetics . These remain over time no matter how much you lead a healthy lifestyle in terms of diet, exercise and rest. Therefore, the only thing you can do to combat them is to avoid overexposure to the sun and use products with retinol (delays the appearance of signs of aging ) and vitamin C ( illuminates the skin and acts against pigmented spots).
- Dark circles under the eyes: these dark circles appear due to a prolonged lack of sleep and physical or mental fatigue. In addition, another of the possible causes can be allergies that cause congestion in the eyes. In the case of the latter, using the appropriate products , dark circles will disappear. However, if your problem comes from lack of sleep, you should sleep 7-8 hours a day (minimum) and face up (to promote blood circulation ) .
- Red dark circles: the reason for this type, as in the case of brown dark circles, is skin aging . Over time , the skin becomes much weaker and thinner , so the blood vessels in the area become more visible (especially in fair-skinned people ). For them, apply a cream concealer with a formula concentrated in nourishing emollients around the eyes to achieve a more even skin tone.
- Blue circles under the eyes: perhaps your problem is lack of sleep , anxiety , stress or a poor diet . In these cases, it is best that you carry out new habits such as resting more and better, eating healthier and more balanced, and more physical exercise , in addition to applying a specific antioxidant cream .
I'm sure you didn't know so much about dark circles until now ! But now you can confess it... What kind of dark circles do you have? try our