You don't have to say it! By now, surely you already know what are the essential steps of facial care... (Cleaning, hydration and sun protection). However, being so important, there are things that must be made very clear. For example, do you know the types of cleaning that exist? Or what is double skin cleansing? If you're still feeling a bit lost, keep reading!
Why do you have to clean the skin?
Don't forget, facial cleansing has to be the first step in any skin care ! Before any cream, cosmetic or sunscreen, it is important that the skin appears clean and free of dead cells and residues that may be clogging the pores , thus creating blackheads and acne breakouts .
The clogging of the pores is, without a doubt, the biggest obstacle that the skin has to combat external factors , as well as the cold , pollution or the sun . Therefore, if we manage to keep the hair follicles clean , we will be helping them to breathe and our skin to oxygenate. (This is the first step to achieving a rested and awake look.)
In this way, facial cleansing not only removes dead cells and debris , as we have already said, but also prevents irritation , blackheads and acne breakouts and prepares the skin so that it can absorb nutrients from others. cosmetics and creams.
How often should I clean the skin?
It is best to clean your face twice a day , both in the morning when you wake up and at night before going to bed.
First of all there is the nightly cleaning. It is important that you cleanse your skin at night to remove the dirt that has accumulated during the day so that your face can rest and oxygenate while you sleep . (You are not the only one who needs a few hours of “relax”, the skin also needs to rest …)
Thus, during those hours of rest , the skin gets rid of excess sebum and fat , so it is essential to remove dirt in the morning to strengthen the barrier function against external aggressions that will occur throughout the day. next day.
What types of facial cleansing are there?
It is normal for you to feel somewhat lost regarding skin cleansing , since there are many types. Therefore, here I leave you the types of facial cleansing that exist (so you can choose which one is best for you):
- Micellar water: micellar water is a magnificent make-up remover that cleanses, moisturizes, refreshes and revitalizes the face. However, and although it is considered a facial cleanser , micellar water is more of a make-up remover that must be applied with cotton pads , which avoids rubbing the skin and thus prevents facial irritations . However, this application also has its negative side, and that is that the cotton pads can leave residue on the face , so it is advisable to apply micellar water as the first step of the double cleansing , so that in the second step they are removed the rest that these can leave on the skin .
- Cleansing gel: the cleansing gel is the ideal product to clean the face for people who have combination or oily skin , since, in addition to removing dirt , it also removes the remains of fat and sebum that may have accumulated on the face . and that they may be clogging the pores . Thus, you will get rid of the remains of sweat and prevent the appearance of shine .
- Facial toner: although at first you think it is part of the cleanse, the toner is actually a complement to this step that must be taken after cleansing . Thanks to it, the skin's pH is balanced , thus preventing moisture loss .
- Facial milk: facial cleansing milk is perfect for dry or sensitive skin , as it hydrates the skin while removing impurities , but always without further drying the face .
- Double cleaning: it is the cleaning method most recommended by dermatologists , since it is the most effective because it achieves a much deeper cleaning without altering the hydrolipidic layer . Double cleansing consists, as its name suggests, of using two products to cleanse the skin and, in this way, eliminate all impurities from it. So, in the first step , a grease-based cleanser is used to try to remove the remains of other products (be it makeup or sunscreen ), while in the second step, a water-based cleanser is used that will help us remove the remains of the first product and water-soluble dirt as well as sweat or sebum , for example.
Which cleanser should I choose to cleanse my skin?
It is essential that you choose a facial cleanser that matches your skin type , so that instead of damaging it, it can nourish and hydrate it at the same time. After all, each skin ( mixed, oily, normal, dry, sensitive...) needs specific care , so knowing which products to use is the basis for having a good facial routine .
So, if you have sensitive or dry skin , keep in mind that you should use a gentle and non-aggressive facial cleanser that, in addition to removing dirt , does not dry out your face even more.
On the other hand, if you have combination or oily skin , your facial cleanser should control excess oil on your face (especially in the T zone ), but without drying out those areas that produce less sebum .
Still don't know which is the perfect facial cleanser for your skin ? Our