Running has become fashionable! It is a good way to forget about everything while you take strides, it helps you escape stress and also reduces your physical and mental deterioration.
From the age of 40, the capacity for aerobic exercise declines at a rate of 10% per decade, even for the best trained people.
This does not mean that you cannot run at the same speed as in your youth, but that your body will demand more effort.
Impact sport is positive for bone generation and insurance against osteoporosis. However, demanding the body without adequate preparation is inviting it to injure itself and generate joint ailments such as knees, lower back, feet and hips.
If you are thinking of starting to prepare marathons, we provide you with the following tips:
- Make a complete medical checkup and one stress test to rule out any cardiovascular problems.
- Start running gradually and seek professional advice from a personal trainer.
- be constant in your training routine and accompany it with a series of healthy habits that complement exercise.
- A good one hydration it is essential to keep the body in good condition, so drink fluids before, during and after workouts. Weigh yourself before and after your workout so you know how much fluid you need to replace.
- Find the coolest places to train and choose appropriate clothing, comfortable, loose, light and cotton.
- Do not forget to warm carefully before running and stretch afterwards to protect your muscles.
- Avoid excessive consumption of foods or products that contain caffeine (coffee, tea, medications or supplements, beverages) as they have a diuretic effect and can complicate hydration status.
- It's ambitious and rewarding to beat your own records, but if fatigue sets in, slow down. Do not try to finish the race in a time for which the body is not prepared.
- Uses a special footwear for running, your feet will thank you.
- Resting is as important as training, so don't forget to sleep the hours necessary for your body to recover.
- A good one nutrition It is essential, ask a nutritionist for advice so that he can prepare a personalized eating plan that benefits your body and do not let yourself be advised by a non-expert person for many marathons that he has run.
- Food is not the only source of fuel, the energy of positivity and the joy of training play an important role, putting a smile on your face and reading the signs of the people who are cheering releases endorphins that help your performance.
And our last piece of advice, ignore people who tell you that you're too old to do it and just keep running.
Surround yourself with happy people and enjoy the moment.
Take care, man.