I sure am not the only one! I'm sure many men still don't understand (just like me) why his forehead shines so bright when taking a photo, or why so many pimples only appear on his chin, right?
Well, everything has an explanation, dear friend, and today I come to give it to you! Do you know what the T zone of the face is? No? Well stay, because we are going to remove all those doubts!
The T zone is the area of our face that includes the forehead , nose , and chin , and which is quite prone to being oilier than the rest of the face due to the greater number of sebaceous glands it has. (Try drawing an imaginary T on your face if you have trouble capturing the areas it covers.)
This excess of fat or sebum is usually accompanied by blackheads and very open or dilated pores . That is why it is usually convenient to know what type of skin it is in order to give it special care.
What types of skin are there?
- Combination skin: in this type of skin, the T zone is usually quite oily , while the rest of the face ( cheeks , for example) denote greater dryness .
- Oily skin: this type of skin is characterized because although the entire face shows signs of sebum , the T-zone of our face shines even more .
- Dry skin: our face appears poorly hydrated due to a significant loss of water and lipids . For this reason, even the T zone can appear with flaking or irritation .
What can I do to stop greasing my T-zone anymore?
Although the type of skin we have is something we have to learn to live with, there are certain tips that we must follow if we do not want to make our face even more greasy :
- Do n't touch the T zone of your face too much with your fingers ; since you can drag dirt into the area.
- Clean and moisturize the T zone of your face daily with special products and cosmetics for your skin type.
- Avoid aggressive cleansers for the face, since excessive cleaning of our face will also create more sebum than it should.
- Take advantage of the nights to thoroughly clean your face . This is because during the night our skin usually takes advantage of our inactivity to repair itself and oxygenate itself . For this reason it is important that we let it breathe , removing the remains of makeup that remain on our skin.
After the data I have given you, what type of skin do you have? If you still have any doubts about your skin type, you can take our free skin test to find out for sure which products are best for you.