I didn't even remember! Yesterday, in a moment of reflection, I tried to remember how I became interested in taking care of my skin, and it's been so long that I don't even remember why! Although it may be difficult at first, the truth is that taking care of your own epidermis has so many benefits (both aesthetic and mental) that it becomes, even unintentionally, a fundamental step in your day to day. Here I explain everything you need to know to encourage you to start treating it:
It is undeniable: to achieve absolute mental well-being we need to feel good about ourselves both inside and out, don't you think? And, really, pampering and taking care of yourself , even if it is only for a few minutes a day, is a way of dedicating time to yourself (which we all need…)
For this reason, and believe it or not, skin care not only influences our skin health , but also positively affects our emotional well-being :
Aesthetic benefits of taking care of your skin:
It's clear! We cannot stop time nor can we avoid aging , but what we can do is age in the best possible way ... How? Well, having the best skin in the world! And it is that taking care of it from now on will delay the appearance of the signs of age on your face...
- Strengthens the skin barrier: taking into account all the external factors against which our skin has to fight (as well as pollution , stress or the sun , among many others), taking care of it daily what we achieve is that the barrier against these elements is much stronger .
- Moisturizes the skin: over the years our skin loses collagen , elastin and water , so it will look much drier, taut and dull . By taking care of it, you will be able to deeply hydrate it , achieving more elastic, healthy and young skin .
- Delays the appearance of wrinkles: as a result of this loss of collagen and elastin , our face can undergo changes, making the different visible signs of aging more and more pronounced , as well as wrinkles, dark circles, puffiness, crow's feet or expression lines . Therefore, it is very important to provide the collagen and elastin that it lacks, through different cosmetics .
- Activate the natural defenses of the skin: thanks to daily care , the skin will be oxygenated , since you will unclog the clogged hair pores and allow it to breathe better .
- Deep cleansing: if you treat your skin well every day, you will get rid of all the dead cells that your skin sheds throughout the day and that, if not removed, accumulate and clog the hair pores .
Mental benefits of taking care of your skin:
Our mind and our skin are more connected than you think… Or did you think it was a coincidence that you are happier when you look handsome ? Well no, dear friend... It's all down to brain chemistry and mental well-being . And it is that, in reality, emotional balance is determined by different hormones that our body produces naturally . Among them are dopamine , serotonin or cortisol , for example.
Therefore, thanks to situations that make us especially happy (such as looking handsome), the levels of these hormones can vary naturally. Exercising , having a good facial routine or eating healthy are habits that are directly related to our self-esteem because:
- They balance the state of mind : brain chemistry predisposes us to a certain state of mind (in this case, that of happiness ).
- Dopamine levels increase : we manage to leave insecurities behind and achieve the goals we set for ourselves.
- Increase serotonin levels ( happiness hormone ): it occurs when we feel valuable and important.
- They reduce cortisol levels : it is called a stress hormone , so it is not convenient for levels to increase too much.
If until now you had not decided to take care of your skin , now there is no excuse, so you know... Don't do it just for your skin , do it for your mental well-being too !