Happy World Physical Activity Day! Yes, dear reader, that is what the World Health Organization (WHO) wanted to call this day. And, we all know the importance of moving and exercising daily, right? (Although many times we are lazy...) However, surely, although we know a lot about its benefits for our physical and mental well-being, we do not know how sport helps the skin. Attentive!
Exact! Exercise is vital to leading an active life that helps us achieve both physical and mental well - being . However, on many occasions we are unaware of each and every one of the benefits that sport can have in other areas, such as our skin . Therefore, here are the 7 benefits of sport for your skin:
- You get brighter, smoother and younger-looking skin . Sweat is a great “ anti-wrinkle ” . This is due to the fact that sweat mixes with the endorphins that we secrete when exercising , achieving a smoother, more elastic and luminous face .
- When carrying out any physical activity , the blood vessels dilate , so that the blood is better pumped to the whole organism (also to the skin ). In this way, our epidermis recovers its luminosity , since with the good functioning of the circulation we achieve that the oxygenation process of our skin is greater, contributing to it a greater number of nutrients .
- When we exercise we release endorphins that make our stress levels decrease considerably. This fact is closely linked to the health of our skin , since stress causes the epidermis to suffer premature aging and the signs of aging to appear prematurely on the face .
- Sweating helps the pores get rid of all the impurities and toxins that accumulate in the epidermis . In this way, exercise prevents acne breakouts or blackheads .
- In addition to fighting fluid retention , physical activity combats flaccid skin and wrinkles , achieving a toned and smooth epidermis . Thus, sport is essential for people with varicose veins or cellulite , as it improves the circulation of the body.
- Playing sports is synonymous with sleeping well . Therefore, if you sleep well, does the skin notice it? Absolutely yes! Remember that the appearance of dark circles or a tense and dull face are (almost) always direct consequences of having rested poorly ... While we sleep our skin carries out a breathing and purification process that affects our appearance the next day.
- It is inevitable that when you exercise you sweat... However, the sweating process not only releases toxins and bacteria from our epidermis , but, by also losing fluid , it will make us need to hydrate more , so we will drink more water . (Keep in mind that you have to drink at least 1.5 liters of water a day).
Did you know everything that physical activity can bring to your skin ? Tell me which of all the benefits has surprised you the most! And, if you want to continue reading about sports and skin , discover how to care for facial skin after exercising .