Now that we understand what male sterility is, I can only tell you about the habits that you can carry out to try to improve sperm quality and increase the number of spermatozoa. You want to know more? Keep reading!
Did you know that the sperm production cycle ( spermatogenesis ) lasts around 100 days ? Therefore, if during these 3 months you carry out some simple daily habits that are beneficial for fighting infertility , you will be able to notice changes in sperm quality (although the quantity of sperm also plays a fundamental role in this aspect). Pay attention to the habits that you should start doing and that I will describe below:
- Stay hydrated: Drinking water and keeping your body hydrated is essential for good body function (not just sexual function). This is because water is the quintessential essential nutrient of any human being. In addition, in the case of men , water is the largest component of sperm , so by drinking an adequate amount per day we can improve its volume and viscosity .
Diet rich in essential nutrients: with a diet that contains a large amount of essential nutrients for our body, we will be able to increase sperm production and neutralize the damage that any of the causes of male sterility can cause us. Here is a list of essential nutrients and where you can find them:
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C protects sperm from damage caused by oxidative stress , thus improving its quality . Try adding foods such as citrus fruits, kiwis, strawberries or peppers to your diet.
- Vitamin E: thanks to this nutrient, it not only improves semen quality , but also increases sperm motility and quantity . Have you tried nuts, vegetable oils, spinach and broccoli ?
- Vitamin B: all the nutrients in this field ( vitamins b6, b12 or beta-carotene ) are essential for good reproductive health (both male and female). Consume clams, fish, eggs, milk and its derivatives or cereals such as wheat, oats, corn, rice or quinoa , for example.
- Minerals: selenium , manganese and zinc are the ideal minerals to improve both the quality and quantity of sperm . These minerals can be found in red meat, garlic, mussels, shellfish or eggs , for example.
- Nuts: thanks to their high content of essential fatty acids , nuts have become an essential element in any diet (especially if you want to improve the quality of your semen).
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol and tobacco: as I have explained to you once, tobacco and alcohol are not only harmful habits for your health , but they can also be one of the causes of sterility (both in men and women ). Therefore, avoid its consumption.
- Do physical exercise: sport will not only help you stay in shape . In addition, it will make you release endorphins , reducing the stress levels that you may be suffering from.
You have already seen: they are not very difficult habits to carry out. (They are even beneficial for the daily life of any person). Don't forget: take care, man.