How does tobacco affect the skin?
These are the 10 biological effects on the skin of smokers:
1. Increase in free radicals that damage cell membranes.
2. Premature aging of the skin.
3. Destruction of the skin tissues of the face.
4. Skin collagen degeneration and imperfect regeneration.
5. Decreased oxygenation of the skin.
6. Vasoconstriction and decreased peripheral circulation.
7. Decreased level of vitamin A, the lack of which is related to acne.
8. Dry skin.
9. Cutaneous atrophy.
10. Difficult healing and frequent infections.
Don't you think there are 10 good reasons to quit smoking?
Take care, man.