Wrinkles on the forehead: Causes, treatments and prevention
Forehead wrinkles are an annoying side effect of aging that often appear as you enter your 30s, 40s, and 50s. Like other wrinkles, they are caused by a variety of factors, including damage from sun exposure, genetics, and age.
Although forehead wrinkles can be frustrating when you see them in the mirror, they are treatable, with treatments that can make wrinkles less visible and reverse some signs of aging:
Forehead wrinkles: The basics
Wrinkles, whether on the forehead or elsewhere, are usually the result of aging skin. However, environmental factors or unhealthy routines can accelerate the development of wrinkles.
Habits linked to forehead wrinkles include smoking and spending too much time in the sun, especially without sun protection.
Various treatments can help reverse wrinkles, including topical medications such as a good anti wrinkle moisturizer or cosmetic treatments such as botox.
If you don't have any forehead wrinkles yet or only have light, shallow wrinkles, making a few changes to your lifestyle and habits can prevent your skin from aging prematurely.
What causes forehead wrinkles?
Wrinkles are a common and normal sign of aging. They are caused by both natural factors and a number of environmental factors, some of which you can control. The most common causes of wrinkles include:
Get older. As you get older, you skin becomes less elastic. This is because over time the skin produces less collagen, an important structural protein found in connective tissue. Research indicates that collagen levels on the skin decrease at a rate of approximately one percent each year.
Sun exposure. spend time at unprotected sun can expose your skin to UV radiation, one of the main causes of premature signs of aging. Excess sun exposure also increases the risk of developing skin cancer.
Smoke. Smoking is related to reduction of collagen, one study found that smokers tobacco produce certain types of collagen to minor rhythm than non-smokers.
The genetic. Just like other aspects of your appearance, the genetic can play a role in likelihood of wrinkles on the forehead
Other factors that can cause the development of forehead wrinkles include the alcohol consumption, the bad sleeping habits and the overuse of facial muscles
For example, certain facial expressions, such as smile, raise eyebrows Y squint, require the use of facial muscles. Over time, these expressions can cause that they develop grooves on the skin.
Contrary to popular belief, the wrinkles do not appear suddenly on the skin when you turn 30, 40, 50 or 60 years old. The wrinkles are usually develop slowly over time, and only become visible once they are deep enough and pronounced enough to be noticed.
If you are worried about wrinkles, it is important that you pay attention to your skin. try look for signs of wrinkles on the forehead and other parts of your face. If you notice something take action tan ready As you can.
Treatments for forehead wrinkles
deal with wrinkles of the forehead can be frusting, especially if you have deep wrinkles that are visible when you have a neutral facial expression.
Luckily, the wrinkles are treatable. From over-the-counter products to prescription drugs and cosmetic procedures, there is a variety of treatments Scientifically backed to help minimize the appearance of wrinkles on the forehead and other parts of the face.
How to prevent forehead wrinkles
The most effective techniques for prevent the forehead wrinkles They are usually the same as those used to prevent wrinkles in general. Try it:
- Avoid spending too much time in the sun. As we explained earlier, excess exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation damages your skin, causing it to age prematurely.
- And do you live in a sunny areaTry to avoid spending too much time in direct sun. When you are outdoors, stay to the shadow as much as you can and use a sombrero to keep your face protected.
- Use sunscreen to protect yourself. Sunscreen not only reduce the risk to contract skin cancer, but also helps protect your skin from premature aging. The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends the use by one protector solar broad spectrum with SPF 15 or more.
- If you smoke, try let to do it Smoking is closely associated with premature aging of the skin, and research shows that people who smoke have more likely to develop facial wrinkles at a younger age than their peers.
- Limit your alcohol consumption. Like smoking, alcohol consumption is also related to premature aging of the skin, including the development of facial wrinkles. For example, one study found that excessive alcohol consumption is associated with increased lines in the upper part of the face.
- Use a moisturizer, like oil-free moisturizer with SPF 15, if you have expression lines or the anti wrinkle day moisturizer, if what you have are more marked wrinkles. They are great for making wrinkles less visible. They can also be effective in preventing existing wrinkles from becoming more pronounced.
- hydratesespecially in affected areas. Moisturizing cream keeps water in the skin, helping her keep a fresh and young look. Try to hydrate every day, focusing on the areas of your skin that have visible wrinkles.
- Avoid the products for skin care that irritate. Skin irritation can be a factor which can age your skin prematurely.
- make sure you get enough sleep. Sleep deprivation and facial aging often go hand in hand, and research indicates that the people who lack sleep are more likely to have wrinkles, fine lines and other signs of aging than those who sleep normally.
- It is recommended sleep at least seven hours a night.
The forehead wrinkles they can be annoying, especially if they are visible even when you have a neutral facial expression. Fortunately, like other wrinkles, they are usually treatable, with a range of products, medicines Y procedures available to make them less visible.
If you have wrinkles, you can talk to our specialists, and see the topical possibilities of BOXSR, if you think you need something else, we recommend you visit a dermatologist.
Karina Sevilla Iturbe on
Reducir las arrugas no tan profundas de la frente