8 foods you should eat to produce collagen in your body
Although you have never stopped to think about it, collagen is essential to keep our body healthy and strengthened. However, the passing of the years causes collagen levels to decrease in our body... and it shows in the skin!
There are things that are not in our hands, and many others that are! Although we cannot fight against the passing of time, what we can do is try to ensure that the levels of collagen in our body do not decrease by leaps and bounds. And how can we do that? Eating healthy and balanced !
For this, it is essential that you add certain foods to your meals . Most of the ones that I am going to present to you below are surely already part of your daily diet . And that is a very good sign! These foods are essential to maintain a healthy and balanced diet.
- Meat: although meat provides us with a lot of collagen , it is important not to exceed its consumption, since it also has a lot of fat .
- Blue fish : blue fish such as tuna , sardines or salmon are very good for our body. Not only because they are an essential source of omega3 fatty acids , but because they also provide us with a large amount of collagen .
- Citrus fruits: foods such as oranges , tangerines or lemons are essential in our day to day, since their high levels of vitamin C will help us synthesize collagen in our body . Besides, this vitamin will also help control free radicals in our dermis . Take advantage of the fact that in winter these fruits are in season!
- Eggs: indeed, what you have been told throughout your life is true. Eggs are one of the foods that provide the most protein to our body . And how does that benefit us with collagen? Well, although eating it also provides us with a high level of collagen , on this occasion it is highly recommended to have peels or masks with the membrane that separates the eggshell from the interior of the egg. Try this homemade mask and you will see the results! (You will not regret…)
- Red fruits: like citrus fruits, red fruits are a great source of vitamins ; which helps to synthesize the collagen of our body . But, in addition, red fruits have other benefits! And it is that not only do they provide many vitamins to our body, but they also provide us with a high level of minerals (especially magnesium ). And what benefits does that have? Well, magnesium is an essential micronutrient for collagen to form in our body. Have you thought about having a blueberry , blackberry and strawberry smoothie ? It's great!
- Gelatin: with the cold that it is in winter, who does not fancy a good soup? Try preparing a meat broth from its bones and cartilage . Remember to separate them later, before you drink the broth!
- Asparagus – Are you surprised that asparagus makes this list? Well surprise! Asparagus is a great source of magnesium and vitamin C (which, as I explained to you before, are essential for the formation of collagen in our body).
- Nuts: do you like nuts ? Well great! Because they are ideal for providing us with fatty acids and the amino acids necessary for the formation of collagen in our body .
Which of all these foods do you like the most? The truth is that I consider myself an indisputable fan of red fruits ... It's superior to me! Try adding these foods to your daily diet and you will see how the level of collagen in your body begins to show in your skin.